Saturday, April 21, 2012

True Confessions


Romans 9: 25-26: “As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’ And in the very place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’”

I hate Facebook. I mean (if I’m being totally honest) I do have a Facebook account and I even watched that movie that came a few years back about how “the Facebook” began. At the time, having a Facebook account seemed like the “cool” thing to do.  However, not too long ago a sudden realization struck me; I’m just not that “cool.” I’m certainly not cool enough to think anyone actually cares about my current thoughts on any given subject or my status at any given time on any given Tuesday.  Now, that’s not to say that everybody on “the Facebook” has the same deficiency in their total number of cool points as I do.

So, when Allison and I (yes, this is Kris blogging if you haven’t figured that out already) started a blog to document our adoption process, I thought to myself “Hey! This is great! I get to share my thoughts about adoption with millions of people (or the approximate 150 people who have visited our blog at the time of this writing) who totally care about what I have to say!” (total sarcasm)

However, it is in these exact moments when God speaks to our hearts in the faintest, slightest whisper and says “It’s not about you, dummy (and of course by ‘dummy’ I mean me).” Ephesians 1:11-12 reads “In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.”

Our great, awesome, holy, righteous, epic, mighty, perfect, wonderful, beautiful God opened my heart to adoption when he first adopted me, crediting to me an inheritance to the praise of his glory. It is as if Jesus Christ said to me “Kris, dummy, I adopted you! Go! I have a daughter for you in China! Trust me and go! This is for my glory!” So, we are going. God has blessed my heart with a tremendous love for my girls, all three of them; Allison, Kate, and little-sister-in-China.

And yes, I still hate Facebook.

In Christ,
Kris

1 comment:

  1. The last paragraph just brought a smile to my heart!
    He is great, awesome, holy, righteous, epic, mighty, perfect, wonderful and beautiful!
    Jesus will bring your daughter home...
    God's speed....
    Daleea

    ReplyDelete